Gail L. Grant
Throughout this site, you can click on the little
picture to see a larger one.
Hi! Glad you
could stop by.
I'm a retired
dot-com'er, a yogi, dancer, singer, hiker, photographer, traveller,
writer, seamstress, basket-weaver, composer, designer, organizer, and a Christian, not
necessarily in that order. See My Beliefs for details on
what I believe. If you want to see my business background, check
out my bio. See below for more personal
devoted the first part of my life to making a living and now I'm
devoting the rest of it to making a difference.
Just for fun:
- Volunteer work at the Opportunity Center of the Midpeninsula,
a facility that helps homeless and at-risk individuals and families. I work primarily with the Family Center.
- Christmas Day Caroling at the VA Hospital
For the past three years, I've sung carols at the Palo Alto VA Hospital on Christmas morning. Over 160 people gathered this year on Christmas morning to sing carols to the hospitalized vets. To see pics/videos, go to the pics page. We've decided to sing more often for our Veterans. Please consider participating. Go to www.give4good.net and click any of the register links to sign up for the mailing list.
- The Bright Lights Program - a program started in the fall of 2002 to teach children about helping others. Follow the link for more info. The composite picture to the right shows the kids in the costumes I made for them for the May 2003 "Prom Night" theme.
- St. Mark's Family Choir: A multi-generational choir that sings rounds in church during communion once every 2-3 months.
- East Palo Alto Charter School: I taught Music for Neighborhood Arts at EPACS in the after school program for one year. The link points to the rounds we sang in this class.
- Office Volunteer and singing in the choir at St. Mark's Episcopal Church.
Bright Lights is a St. Mark's program but all kids are welcome.
- Kindness: A page about kindness, what it means to me and ideas for ways to be kind.
Please feel free
to send me email at email@example.com
if you have questions or comments.
- Yoga. It keeps me limber, grounded, and has helped me
become a bit gentler in my approach to life.
- Making baskets, being creative, jogging, and sewing. Go to my house and crafts pics page. You can also see all the crafts I designed for Bright Lights at the Bright Lights Crafts Page.
- I write music. Listen to some of it on my
- I USED hike often; sadly, I'm too busy these days. I have some pictures and comments about favorite local hikes and
hikes in the Swiss
Alps, if you like pictures.
- I like fast cars and drive a silver 2000 Corvette. I considered getting a more earth-friendly car but I drive so little that I've decided to keep it.
Hosted by DreamHost, a GREAT hosting service!