Bright Lights Snack Guidelines
Here are the things you should know if you have signed up to bring snacks. Please read these and let me know if you have any questions.
General Snack Guidelines
Prep Session Snacks
- Please be early and bring plenty. The kids really need that snack when they first arrive. Extra snacks can either be taken home or donated to the St. Mark's "Agape Meal" for that Sunday.
- If you are going to have trouble getting there by 3:20, please drop it off at my house or at the church office earlier in the day and let me know you have done so.
- The guidelines for Prep Session snacks are different from the Nursing Home Trip, so please bring the right type of snack for the type of session.
CAUTION: Peanut allergy! We have a child who is allergic to peanuts so please check snack ingredients. If possible, please refrain from eating peanuts right before a Bright Lights session.
Nursing Home Trip Snack
- Prep session snacks should include at least juice/water with crackers/cookies and optionally fruit.
- Please try to avoid snacks that are heavily sugared.
- Possible snacks: Fruit juice, graham crackers, goldfish, breadsticks, oatmeal cookies, teddy grahams, Cheerios, gogurt, potato chips, strawberries, cherries, carrots, blueberries, grape tomatoes, melon, fruit roll-ups, Cracklin Oat Bran, Cheetos, fresh bread, popcorn, Doritos. Homemade snacks are always welcome!
- If you can't figure out what to bring or run out of time, just bring .5 gallons of apple juice and a box of graham crackers.
- The Nursing Home trip snack is ALWAYS seedless grapes ONLY. Green are preferred, but red are okay. This snack is less likely to cause cleaning headaches for the Nursing Home and the kids like them.
- Buy 3-5 pounds of grapes, depending on numbers. I usually figure 1 pound for every 5-6 people.
- Be sure to wash the grapes and pick out any gross ones.
- Bring a paper cup or bag for discards(bad grapes, dirty grapes, stems.)
Bright Lights Home Page